Swans on the River Brue

Huntworth Road Bridge - Canal Bridge No.12

Bridge Name:   Huntworth Road Bridge - Canal Bridge No.12
No.:   14
Build Date:   1827 - modified 1930's
Engineer:   James Hollinsworth
Road bridge. Originally an arched bridge like others on the canal but this has been replaced by an iron beam construction at some date before 1940. Five demolition charge holes of this date are visible in E side of the new work and there is a possible foundation for a roadblock on the W side.1
References:   1. Somerset HER No.12602

Print this | Send this | Hits: 4366 | | Return to Bridge List | << Meads Swing Bridge - Canal Bridge No.11 | Fordgate Swing Bridge - Canal Bridge No.13 >>